Half baked Asia photos
These are the photos I took, ordered (or maybe that's disordered) by
film roll. Minimal culling and polishing has been done. A few bad
scans, out of focus shots, and obvious duplicates have been removed.
Mostly though, they're pretty raw.
These are only the photos shot on film. The digital photos are
All photos were taken with a Minolta Maxxum 5. It is essentially a
clone of the camera I used in Africa with two exceptions:
- The addition of a 1.4 teleconverter means I could go up to 420mm,
extremely useful for capturing the relatively harder to see wildlife of
- Inferior construction: I took the original Maxxum 5 all over Africa
and never had a problem. This POS failed 3 times due to "water damage"
without actually getting wet. I will never buy Minolta again.
Each image comes in 3 sizes: thumbmail, medium (no larger than 640x480), and
large (no larger than 1024x768). Click thumnails to get medium. Click
mediums to get large. If you want still larger images (for printing,
wallpaper, etc), send me an email.
- Malacca, Batu Caves, and Bako National Park
- Bako National Park
- Bako to Mulu
- Mulu and Brunei
- Climbing Gunung Kinabalu
- Porring Hot Springs and Sepilock
- Sepilock and Uncle Tan's Wilderness Camp
- Sepilock: Pass 2
- Uncle Tan's and Danum Valley
- KK, Penang, and Angkor
- Terrace of the Elephants to Neak Pean
- Neak Pean to Thommanon
- Takeo, Ta Prohm, and Phnom Bakheng
- Banteay Samre, Pre Rup, and Prasat Kraven
- Koah Sok, Thailand and Angkor, Cambodia
- Banteay Srei, Roluos Group, and Irrwaddy dolphins
- Irrwaddy Dolphins and Prei Kuk
- Prei Kuk, Preah Kahn, and Bakor
- Bakor Hill Station and Kao Yai National Park